Guardianship And Conservatorship

What does one do when a loved one becomes incapacitated and unable to make decisions on their own? Or when a minor child loses the guidance and support of his or her parents due to death, incarceration or disability?

To ensure the health, safety and welfare of those who are incapable of caring for themselves, a guardian or conservator can be appointed to make decisions on their behalf. When appointment of a guardian or conservator is necessary, it is extremely important to discuss the issues surrounding such an appointment with a law firm that understands the issues involved.

Representing Petitioners In Guardianship And Conservatorship Proceedings

At Kaler Doeling, PLLP, we represent petitioners in obtaining guardianships and conservatorships. Guardianships and conservatorships are necessary when a person (called the ward) cannot manage their own affairs — and a court can be asked to name someone to help.

  • Guardianships proceedings are brought to get someone appointed to assist in making decisions regarding the personal needs of a ward. These decisions may include issues regarding the ward's health, medical treatment, education and living arrangements.
  • Conservatorship proceedings are brought to get someone appointed to assist in managing a ward's financial affairs. Conservators can be granted the legal authority to file a ward's tax returns and manage their checking and savings accounts, real estate holdings, securities and other personal property.

With over 30 years of experience representing our community members' best interests, Kaler Doeling, PLLP, is the law firm to contact when you need sound legal advice. If you have questions about establishing a guardianship or conservatorship, please contact us by calling 701-232-8757 or sending an email online.

How Can We Help You?

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy


Kaler Doeling, PLLP
3429 Interstate Blvd.
P.O. Box 9231
Fargo, ND 58103

Phone: 701-232-8757
Fax: 701-232-0624
Map & Directions

Employment Opportunity:

Fargo law firm seeks attorney with 6+ years of experience in commercial law and civil litigation. Applicant must demonstrate an ability to create and maintain good client relations. The work will vary, but primarily will be representation of creditors and occasionally debtors. This position will require an ability to understand and advocate all aspects of debtor/creditor disputes. Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. Please send notice of your interest to Kaler Doeling, PLLP, attention: Jan, 3429 Interstate Blvd., PO Box 9231, Fargo, ND 58106-9231, (701) 232-8757,

Map data © Mapbox © OpenStreetMap.